By Melissa Tierney
Summer is the perfect time to go out and have fun. While you’re at it, why not aim to have a season filled with some love and lust. Everyone wants that perfect, warm weather romance that will hopefully last past Labor Day, but how do you find the one that will sweep you off your feet? Here’s some advice on how to get into the, passionate relationship that will keep you glowing every single day!
1. Aim to have fun: Everyone says you’re likely to find someone when you least expect it. Go out with your friends, dance the night away and stop aiming to find ‘the one’ while you’re out. Who knows – you might be having such a good time that your future significant other can’t help but notice you!
2. Have an open mind: Be willing to go out and meet new people. Keeping your eyes wide open will help you meet someone that may be perfect for you that you would have otherwise overlooked.
3. Head to the beach: Relaxing at the beach is a great way to meet that hottie playing volleyball or the new summer lifeguard while also soaking up some rays. If you’re calm and relaxed, you’re more at ease when chatting up a new guy, which is a great way to start off a summer romance.
4. Take a break: Instead of eating lunch at the office, take a break and go to an outdoor café. You may befriend other singles taking a break from work, and one of them could be Mr. Right.
5. Join a dating site: Summer is the perfect time to join a site like Match.com or eHarmony.com because everyone is looking to have a good time when the weather gets warmer. If you’re already part of these networks, change your profile – maybe an updated interests list or new picture will spark that special someone’s interest.
6. Go to a new place: Check out a new bar or club over the summer. In addition to enjoying new scenery, you’ll meet people who aren’t typically at the bar or club scene you’re used to.
7. Be a social networker: If there’s someone you’ve been crushing on for awhile, why not add him as a friend on Facebook or follow him on Twitter. You might just come home to a Facebook chat or mention in your timeline, asking you out on a date!
8. Go outside: Instead of doing activities inside, head outdoors. Go for a run in the park, read a book outside a cafe, or simply go for a walk. You can’t meet anyone new indoors, so expand your horizons and enjoy the weather!
9. Put down the technology: When you’re out, live in the moment and stay away from your phone. If someone sees that you’re constantly attached to your iPhone or BlackBerry, they’ll assume you’re always busy or preoccupied, which won’t open doors if you’re looking to meet someone.
10. Be outgoing: If you’re normally shy, summer is the perfect time to let loose and be yourself. Feel comfortable with who you are and try interacting with people you normally wouldn’t chat up. Heading outside your comfort zone may yield to get comfy with your next fling!
Do you have any tips on how to get into a summer romance? Share your stories below!
Connect With Cupid...