In today’s tabloids, it’s never a surprise to see yet another Hollywood beauty on the arm of a hunky athlete. From country crooners to television actresses to reality starlets, these five celebrity women have ditched their singer and actor exes to date — and in some cases, marry! — athletes instead:
1. Jessica Simpson: After her divorce from boy bander Nick Lachey, this lovable pop princess dove right back into the dating game, shifting her focus from singers (a rocky relationship with John Mayer aside) to football players. She dated Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo for two years before settling down with former NFL wide receiver Eric Johnson. The happy couple, who are parents to daughter Maxwell Drew and son Ace Knute, are set to walk down the aisle this spring.
2. Carrie Underwood: This blonde beauty has a similar penchant for professional athletes. Before Romo hooked up with Simpson, he was linked to Underwood for a brief six months. After he did her wrong (and no, Cowboy Casanova is not about him), the American Idol winner met handsome hockey player Mike Fisher. The couple married in 2010 and have made their home in Music City, where Underwood is often spotted cheering her husband on as he plays with the Nashville Predators.
3. Hayden Panettiere: Panettiere is yet another tow-headed singer who gravitates towards sporty boys. The Nashville star first dated Ukranian boxer Wladimir Klitschko in 2010. She was then seen out and about with former New York Jets wide receiver Scotty McKnight before reuniting with Klitschko. After months of speculation, the petite actress confirmed their engagement on Live With Kelly and Michael in October 2013.
4. Khloe Kardashian: It looks like Kim — who dated not one but three athletes before starting a family with rapper Kanye West — isn’t the only Kardashian sister who likes muscular men. Her younger sister got hitched to Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom after only one month of dating. This past fall, she announced her divorce from him after four years of marriage and has since been linked to Los Angeles Dodgers star Matt Kemp.
Related Link: Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom
5. Eva Longoria: The Desperate Housewives actress married San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker is a fairy tale ceremony in 2007. Unfortunately, after three years of marriage and reports of his infidelity, the couple ended their union. A few years later, she dated New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez for a couple of months.
Cupid wants to know: Why do you think celebrity women so often fall for pro-athletes?
Connect With Cupid...