By Diamon Hall
With Kim Kardashian’s recent engagement to Kris Humphries and Candice Crawford’s late-May nuptials, these lovely celebrities are currently hot topics of conversation. While these two couples are currently reveling in the limelight, there are plenty more popular athlete-celebrity couples in Tinseltown. Check out our favorite five:
1. Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady: This famous Hollywood couple starred in Zimbio’s “Top 10 Sizzling Couples” list, so it’s only right to include them on this list. The New England Patriots quarterback and gorgeous Brazilian supermodel are a match made in heaven.
2. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries: There’s just no way anybody could tune this couple out, as they’ve saturated the media lately after news broke of their engagement. It didn’t take Kardashian long to find true love after her relationship with Miles Austin of the Dallas Cowboys faded. Since Humphries is the forward of the New Jersey Nets, and we all know about her previous long-term relationship with Reggie Bush of the New Orleans Saints, it’s obvious she’s a big fan of athletes. However, since the basketball star dropped nearly $2 million on the reality star’s engagement ring, it seems he’s an even bigger fan of hers.
3. Candice Crawford and Tony Romo: Crawford didn’t receive clothes, shoes, or handbags for her 24th birthday. Instead, she got a ring and a marriage proposal from Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. While it’s safe to say that Romo is over pop star Jessica Simpson, we all know one thing – this gentleman definitely prefers blondes! Now, Crawford is no longer just known as the younger sister of Gossip Girl star Chace Crawford, but for her love life with such a prominent sports figure.
4. La La Vasquez and Carmelo Anthony: New York Knicks star Anthony and former television personality and current actress Vasquez tied the knot last July, and the whole world saw how they prepared for their big day on VH1 reality show, La La’s Full Court. This couple seems to glow in all their pictures together and are still happily married, living in New York with their 4-year-old son, Kiyan.
5. Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom: Kim certainly isn’t the only Kardashian who made this list. Younger sister Khloe and Los Angeles forward Lamar Odom also rank as one of Hollywood’s well-known athlete-celebrity couples. Many questioned this pair’s relationship because they only dated for a month before they married. However, these two are continuing to enjoy marital bliss, and their E! reality show, Khloe’ and Lamar, finished its first season on May 31.
Love is definitely in the air with these five athlete-celebrity couples. Which one is your favorite? Let us know below!
Connect With Cupid...