By Tanni Deb
With the arrival of June, days become longer, nights become shorter and summer flings are perhaps the most popular activity taking place. Though Flag Day (June 14) is a holiday that celebrates the adoption of the American flag, why not use it as an excuse to throw a party – or better yet, attend one. Whether you go all out or stay simple, take advantage and get noticed by that special person. Not sure how? Take a look a these five tips to flag down a hottie:
1. Eye contact: If you’re anything like me, then you’re not fond of people who stare. But in order to get noticed by your crush, making eye contact and throwing a few glimpses his way is a must – it’s a simple wordless gesture that can be just as captivating as a moving speech. Don’t forget to smile!
2. Wear red: As the color of fiery romance, a LRD (Little Red Dress), pair of crimson lips or the backs of Christian Louboutins are sure to catch the gaze of any man. Red embodies passion, lust and of course, screams sex appeal – Psychology Today did a study and found that a woman wearing red was seen as sexier than when she was wearing a different color shirt. Red will not only attract your future squeeze, but you’ll also keep in tune with the red, white and blue of the American flag. If you plan to spend Flag Day at the beach, wear some All-American swim wear. You’re bound to turn heads!
3. Initiate contact: Nothing’s worse than being a standing wallflower, staring at the cutie across the room. If you want him to be interested in you, just strike up a conversation. If you just be yourself, you’ll realize whether or not this person is someone worth pursuing. Have nothing to say? Ask him if he likes your red outfit (we told you this was a good tip!).
4. Paint your face: If you can’t find the perfect outfit to wear, try perfecting your makeup. Smokey eyes and bright eyeliners are in this summer, as well as red lipstick and body shimmer that will make your skin glow. Allure recommends these five summer makeup colors to help you stand out among the crowd.
5. Scent it up: If you’ve followed the above four tips and you’re chatting up the guy of your dreams, don’t bet on him to stick around for more than a few minutes if you don’t smell good. That doesn’t mean you should swim in a pool of your favorite perfume or body splash, but a hint of your signature scent (whether it’s fruity, clean or woodsy) is bound to get you noticed. Try mixing a few complimentary scents to make your own unique blend!
Follow these tips and hopefully, the guy of your dreams (or the guy for right now) will notice you. Need somewhere to go? Downtown New York will hold a Flag Day parade on June 14. Don’t miss this opportunity; you just might meet someone special. If you do, don’t forget to thank us later. Happy Flag Day!
Connect With Cupid...