‘Tis the season to be jolly, especially with the one you love. Take advantage of this year’s exciting end with your significant other by spreading holiday cheer the best way possible: by giving back. Show thanks for everything in your life, including your sweetie, by bringing fortune into the lives of others. Here are five great ways for you and your honey to wrap up the year right:
1. Organize dinner at a soup kitchen: Go above and beyond this year by offering to plan, prepare and serve dinner to the less fortunate at your local soup kitchen. Get creative with your love as you plan a delicious three-course meal and put together a spirit-filled set-up.
2. Deliver Christmas presents: Join a church or work group to deliver Christmas presents to deserving families who cannot afford to buy gifts. Surprise them at their door with lots of love and holiday wishes. Let the spirit of giving fill up your heart with your sweetie by your side.
3. Help build a house: Pull out the nails and the hammers and go to work with Habitat for Humanity to build a new home for a family in your community. Provide a family the best Christmas gift you could ever give. Create a fulfilling experience with your darling that you will never forget.
4. Adopt a family: Commit to providing an unfortunate family with necessities, cooked meals and unconditional love for an entire weekemd. Get to know the family by visiting with your man. Make the holidays worth more than any gift you could receive by bringing joy into someone else’s life.
5. Spend time at a nursing home: Spend a day visiting the elderly at a nursing home in your city. Help put a smile on the some of the sweetest faces in the world. Sing Christmas duets with your favorite guy as the residents enjoy your prepared egg nog and gingerbread cookies to bring just enough holiday cheer to their day.
How will you and your man give back during the holiday season? Share your stories with us.
Connect With Cupid...