TV dads, like Cliff Huxtable and Ward Cleaver, often made fatherhood look easy. They effortlessly juggled their work schedules so they could spend quality time with their children and, of course, they were always around to set their kids straight if they stepped out of line. While we all know parenting isn’t always as easy as it seems on TV, there are plenty of celebrity dads who’ve managed to set the bar pretty high when it comes to balancing fame and fatherhood as least as far as we can tell from the outside!
Sarah McKeever, a mother of three from New Jersey, thinks Will Smith is a great role model for fathers around the globe. “I adore him, and he seems like a great father and husband. I’ve seen a few interviews with him and his wife and kids. They seem to keep a healthy balance with all the fame,” McKeever said. There may be a lot written about the Smith marriage and their parenting style (a la lack of punishment)” but Will is one dad who definitely focuses on his kids.
Dorothy Cascerceri, an on-air news, fashion, and celebrity trend expert for In Touch Weekly, agrees. “(Smith) loves his kids Trey, Jaden and Willow and has done everything possible to encourage all of their careers in the family business, Hollywood.”
Since Smith isn’t the only dedicated dad out there, GalTime asked Cascerceri to name the Top 10 Celeb Dads Who Are Doing It Right, and here’s what she said (in no particular order):
1. David Beckham- This ultra-hot soccer star is more than dedicated to his four kids, Romeo, Brooklyn, Cruz and Harper. He even has the boys’ names tattooed on his back!
2. Ben Affleck- Not only is this Oscar-winner an all-star dad to daughters Violet and Seraphina and son Samuel, but he’s also a dedicated hubby. He even thanked wife Jennifer Garner is his Academy Awards acceptance speech.
3. Brad Pitt- In addition to being one of the sexiest men in the world, Brad is tirelessly dedicated to his clan 6 and works extra hard to make sure the entire crew is taken care of.
4. Liev Schrieber- Forget strollers! Liev is usually seen transporting sons Alexander and Samuel around on his back and shoulders.
5. Tony Hawk- He loves his daughter Kadence so much that he Instagramed a photo of the two of them with his nails painted with pink sparkly polish.
6. Taye Diggs- He shares everything with his son Walker, even ad campaigns! The duo flashed their milk mustache smiles for a Got Milk? campaign.
7. Gavin Rossdale- Gavin always pays close attention to the style of his kids Kingston and Zuma, and he always makes sure they have the same rocker look as their dad.
8. Jerry O’Connell- He”s a doting dad to his twin daughters Charlie and Dolly, and oftentimes brings them to the set of his latest projects so they can see their dad at work.
9. Jay-Z- This rap mogul is smitten by his daughter Blue Ivy and even wrote a heartfelt song about her when she was born.
10. J.R. Martinez- Last but certainly not least, GalTime couldn”t resist adding new father J.R. Martinez to the list. Even though his daughter Belle just turned one, he’s got quite a handle on fatherhood and there’s no denying how deeply devoted he is to his precious baby girl.
Related: The Key to a Lasting Relationship
“I believe I’m a great dad, thus far, because I don’t shy away from getting my hands dirty, whether it be by changing her diaper (constantly), making the bottle or setting up for bath time. I believe these are great opportunities to bond with your child,” Martinez said.
Martinez also has a piece of advice for all those dads out there who just might be reading this. “I know we’re working hard to provide, but don’t leave it up to the mom to be hands-on. Show them you’re more than capable, because you are.”
Connect With Cupid...