Spending a lazy afternoon at a ball game can be the perfect casual date – and celebrity couples seem to think so, too. Sometimes, celeb sightings at a sporting event can be as entertaining at the game itself. There may even be as much action off the court as there is on it.
So the next time you attend a sporting event – whether it be hockey, basketball or baseball – keep your eyes open for the famous duos below:
1. Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher: In February, Underwood’s hockey-playing hubby was traded from the Ottawa Senators to the Nashville Predators. Shortly after, Fisher moved into his wife’s Brentwood, CA, home (and into her closet), and for the first time during their marriage, the newlyweds settled in the same city. Fans can rest assured that, once the hockey season starts up again in October, Underwood will be at as many home games as her hectic schedule allows.
2. Beyoncé and Jay-Z: This musical duo share more than just their choice of career: they also share a love of basketball. The glamorous couple – with Beyoncé wearing heels, no less – is often on hand to cheer for the New Jersey Nets. Spotted at home and away games in cities such as Newark, Dallas, and Los Angeles, their frequent sightings make perfect sense; after all, Jay-Z is a part-owner of the team.
3. Minka Kelly and Derek Jeter: Kelly is a fixture at Yankee Stadium, cheering on her boyfriend of three years from a luxury box, along with his family and friends. Recently, she was on-hand to celebrate Jeter’s 3,000th career hit. Beyond attending his games, Kelly and her New York Yankees captain-beau often work out together, proving that the couple that stays fit together, stays together.
4. Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie: Duff has followed Comrie’s hockey career as he has been transferred from the New York Islanders to the Edmonton Oilers to the Ottawa Senators. Comrie is now playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins, and the couple has settled into a newlywed life filled with a lot of cross-country traveling between their homes in Pittsburgh and Los Angeles. With her husband in the rink, she may bring along another celebrity couple to keep her company: sister Haylie Duff and her longtime beau, Nick Zano.
5. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries: This reality star can often be found sitting courtside as she roots for her love, New Jersey Nets forward, Kris Humphries. With the couple house-hunting in New Jersey and New York, chances are high that Kardashian will be making her mark as one of the team’s celebrity fans. Kardashian is following in her younger sister’s footsteps in more ways than one: after Khloé Kardashian’s own whirlwind romance, she wed Los Angeles Lakers forward, Lamar Odom, in 2009.
Who is your favorite sporty celebrity couple? Share your thoughts below!
Connect With Cupid...