By Kristin Mattern
Talk about seeing double! Celebrity couples take coordination to the next level by donning matching outfits that could beat out the Bobbsey Twins. These starlet couples don’t just love each other, they love their well-matched wardrobes as well! Stars are expected to have harmonious attire when they’re strutting down the red carpet, not only does this emphasize their relationship status, but it also makes for stunning photographs. However, celebs don’t just try to compliment each other’s looks just for events, they also end up in look-a-like ensembles on their off days when they’re going out for a walk, or just hanging out.
Why do celebrity, and everyday, couples like to rock the “twins” look? In an article for YouBeauty, Psychology Advisor and Professor of Psychology Art Markman, Ph.D., explains that when people spend a lot of time together, they start to think similarly. For example, couples often finish each other’s sentences. “This also happens with appearance,” Dr. Markman notes, “Couples mimic each other’s taste and will also influence each other directly. That is, if you know your partner likes a particular style or color, you will start to wear that more often. If your partner likes that style or color, then he’ll wear that as well.” Check out these celebrity couples with their copycat clothes:
1. Prince William and Kate Middleton: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge keep it classy and sophisticated when they match their outfits. A Yahoo Shine article shows the two sporting similar white ten-gallon cowboy hats for a rodeo in 2011.
2. David and Victoria Beckham: US Weekly shows this posh pair posing in expertly matched attire, with David’s tailored pant suits color coordinating with Victoria’s beautiful dresses. This power couple always looks their best, but they are especially stunning in their similar ensembles.
3. Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher: These two know how to show their team spirit with matching Cubs Tees. Back in 2012 The Huffington Post reports that the two were seen wearing identical outfits of blue Cubs Tees, jeans, sneakers and baseball caps while rooting for their favorite team in a NYC sports bar.
4. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: Well known for their duplicate outfits, these two are a knock out duo when dressed alike. Kardashian has undergone what The Huffington Post calls “Westification,” and the starlet commented she “dresses more for my man than for myself!” to US Weekly. No matter how these outfits came together, ET News pictures the star couple looking sensual in all cream.
5. Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux: Since this couple already has a similar taste in clothing, it isn’t surprising they often end up wearing the same outfit. Wearing matching fedoras and black leather jackets in a picture on Cosmopolitan the two look adorable, like a matched set!
6. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon: This celeb couple looks white hot in more than the matching angel costumes they wore one Halloween. NY Daily News shows the pair while vacationing in Aspen and looking glamorous in the winter wonderland setting while wearing white from hat-covered-head to boot-clad-toe; their dog even got in on the action by wearing an adorable little white jacket!
What do you think of coordinating celebrity couples? Do you and your sweetie match outfits sometimes? Let us know in the comments below.
Connect With Cupid...