Some celebrity couples flaunt their relationship for the entire world to see, posing for the paparazzi as if they’re at a photo shoot (hello, Kardashian sisters!). Other couples, regardless of whether they’ve just begun dating or have been married for years, choose to hide from the spotlight and stay mum about the details of their love. Below are five Tinseltown two-somes who are keeping their lips sealed when it comes to romance:
1. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson: Although this cute duo has refused to officially confirm they’re a couple, they did come close to doing so on Oprah in 2010. The two jokingly referred to Kristen Stewart’s “baby” when asked if they were dating. Also, an Oprah insider insists that Pattinson and Stewart revealed their relationship to the queen of talk shows before the taping. More recently, Stewart casually mentioned her “English boyfriend” in an interview for British GQ. Even so, don’t expect too much PDA from this couple – despite their intense love scenes in Twilight’s latest installment.
2. Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze, Jr.: Gellar and Prinze first met while filming I Know What You Did Last Summer and have been together for more than a decade. After a two-year hiatus from acting, Gellar is now starring in Ringer on The CW and is learning the ins-and-outs of balancing a career and motherhood. In a recent interview with Self, Gellar calls her daughter Charlotte “my best friend” and says that she values time with her family above all else.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin: The Oscar winner and Coldplay frontman have been married for over eight years, but have been tightlipped about their relationship and are rarely photographed together. That’s not to say that they don’t realize how lucky in love they remain. As Martin recently told CBS Sunday Morning, “From being a loser to going out with an Oscar winner? It’s a giant leap. Let’s face it: It’s like winning the lottery.”
4. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield: With this rumored romance, Stone, who starred in Easy A, The Help and Crazy Stupid Love, has met her match. Garfield is well-known for his role in The Social Network and is currently filming The Amazing Spider-Man, making him another one of Hollywood’s hottest twenty-somethings. This publicly-shy couple has been spotted hiking and going to the movies, but they haven’t yet officially confirmed their relationship.
5. Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher: Since Fisher’s trade to the Nashville Predators early last year, country’s all-American sweetheart and her hockey-playing beau are enjoying a low-key life in Nashville. The couple is still relishing their status as newlyweds, often opting for trips to the local Whole Foods Market and cooking at home as opposed to fancy nights out.
Who are some of your favorite low-key celebrity couples? Share your comments below.
Connect With Cupid...