It’s easy to indulge in the mountain of cookies, candies and other calorie-packed goodies we stuff in our mouths over the Holidays without considering the consequences. However, if you pack more padding on your belly, it could have less-than-exciting ramifications for your love life.
Not to mention the fact that a few extra pounds can have an impact on your psyche. If you’re looking for ways to improve your relationship whether it’s losing a few inches or finding the self-confidence to love yourself, no matter what your jean size, here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Eat healthier: Although easier said than done, a few simple changes to your diet will kick start your metabolism – and the sparks between you and your man. Start by cutting out bad habits, such as having a daily dessert. Limit treats. Instead, save the raspberry swirled cheesecake when you are on a special date with your partner.
2. Get moving: Jump up and start moving. Dancing with your girlfriends, going for a walk with your man or even a shopping trip are some fun ways to work up a sweat. Of course, if you challenge each other at the gym and make fitness goals together you may be surprised at how your relationship can come back alive.
3. Enjoy Ambiance: If you’re a proponent of ambiance and mood lighting, candlelight or other dim lights can engage a smoldering mood. Plan a romantic evening, and fill your home with a warm glow of cinnamon scented tealights. Mood lighting will provide a calm, relaxing background so you and your partner can enjoy each other’s company even more.
4. Talk to your partner: For all you know, your man is a fan your curves. Many guys enjoy a full sized woman, as there’s more to love. However, if you’re feeling insecure about your shape, let your partner know how you feel. When you communicate the concerns you have with your body, he will most likely be supportive.
5. Learn to accept your body at any size: According to Good Morning America, 68% of women wear a size 12. The average woman is not a size two, ladies; don’t feel bad if you don’t look like Angelina Jolie. Self-confidence is sexy. So what if you have a few extra pounds hanging around your middle? Find ways to work around it. The most important thing is to own your body. Have a little self-confidence and you’ll be surprised at how your relationship can improve.
Is your weight gain affecting your love life? Share your stories below.
Connect With Cupid...